Saturday, August 22, 2009

Melancholy

I have just been a weird mood the past couple of days, and it's finally hit me why. All my friends are so damn happy. Weird, huh?

To expand- i don't mean that happy friends piss me off- quite the contrary- I WANT my friends to be happy. I mean, who doesn't? I guess what's bothering me is that all my friends have recently become happy because they all started dating someone. *sigh* that always just puts me in a bad mood.

We hired more new people here at work, and both of them are married or in long term, committed relationships- making me ONCE AGAIN the only single person here. So, no one to hang out with, no one who wants to go try new restaurants, and sometimes what i think is worse- no one to come home to. Guess you never thought of me as a cuddler, huh? (and yes Brenda, Nik, Beth, Carolyn, and Krisana, I know this is where you tell me to move to Missouri!)

99% of the time I am ok with being single. I love my life, i have ways of doing things, and it mainly doesn't bother me. I guess it's when I see my friends all pairing off that I start to think- "What's wrong with ME? Why am I always the friend, but never the person people can see as more then that?" I guess there are various reasons.

Ok, my "woe-is-me" session is over In a few days I'll be back to my happy, go-lucky-self.

I wonder if any of my gaming friends are around tonight to distract me?

Geek On

4 comments:

AE said...

Oh yeah I've been there. But you know, not everyone is as happy as they seem to be. Most of the time, those in relationships crave being single when the shit hits the fan (which tends to happen A LOT the longer you're together).

But man I hate couples you can't seperate off and want to go do stuff seperately. My bf and I make it a rule that we don't have to do EVERYTHING together. That's just annoying.

*hugs and pinched cheeks for you*

Betty (Beth) said...

Being in a relationship isn't soooo great. Yesterday Daniel farted on my face at least two times. Being married is pretty much like living with a second grader. ;-)

Hope things start feeling better.

Dany said...

You know i love you guys, but all of you who are currently in some sort of relationship and are telling me that it's not that great- LIARS! All of you! *wink*

B Fuhr said...

Word.

Move to Missouri so we can be single and complain about our dating/serious relationship/married friends together.

We'll call it the Singles Table of Judgment.