Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Home... but where is it?

So, no matter where I lived, I always considered Wisconsin "home," and to an extent, I always will. However, I just spend 3 weeks in Wisconsin, and I had a startling realization. I was so happy to come back to KC and Warrensburg, and I as pulled into KC, I had a sense of being HOME. I was happy to leave WI. I don't have a place to stay there that is my own, and most of my friends don't live there anymore.

It was nice to see my niece Paige for the first time- and hanging out with my bro is always cool. I managed to avoid seeing my dad except for one time- and that was clearly one time to many. I also love my mom, but i just cannot live with them for an extended period of time. In their two bedroom apartment, they have 2 cats and three fucking annoying birds. I cannot stress how much I hate those 2 parrots and 1 parakeet. They are loud, annoying, and i didn't get a decent night's sleep in that apartment. Plus the fact my step dad smokes like a chimney. A nice place to go for a day or two, but not much longer then that. I saw my boys, Tom and Justin one night, and they are still trying to convince me to get a job at Steven's Point, but i don't see that happening. I LIKE living in a place where I have more then two friends, and none of them actually work in Housing. A stable group of friends who don't move every 2 years.

So even though I was born and raised in Wisconsin, I now consider Missouri my home- which is both scary and exciting at the same time.

Geek On.

2 comments:

Zana said...

WHOOT WHOOT!! Missouri is an odd state, but we's good people ;) Besides, it all fits into Brenda's plan that all her friends will be friends. Not sure how that came to be "all of my friends will move to Missouri", but that seems to be the trend....

sooooo glad you are here :)

Nikki said...

I am also glad you're here! I feel exactly the same way, and it didn't take very long for me to adopt MO, either. It's the only place I consider "home".