Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Panic

I never thought I would find myself in this position. It's one where I am about to lose my shit and start a full blown panic. 3 full months and no job. No job prospects, only a few interviews, and my savings is down to my last 600 dollars. It's panic time.

Not only am I starting to panic, but I find myself not even wanting to get out of bed in the morning. Gaming doesn't bring me as much joy as it used to, and overall I am in some weird funk. I am going home to Wisconsin for a few weeks to see my family for the first time in a year, and to finally meet my niece who is about 10 months old and I have never seen. Yet all i can think is "I hope none of my family wants to go to dinner or something- I can't afford it!" Sad.

When I get home on July 6th, I will do something I never thought I would do again- start applying for jobs at local stores. I hated it when I did it in high school and college, and I am sure I will hate it now- but I really have no choice.

Geek on.

1 comment:

Betty (Beth) said...

Don't worry, Dany! All job seekers reach this point, just don't let it get you down too much. Just keep doing what you are doing and eventually something will come along. I have faith in you!

And if not, D & B's Bakery is sounding better all the time. ;-)