Friday, November 7, 2008

Joss is My God

So, after a fun week in Missouri (I’ll blog about that later when I am at my home computer complete with pictures) I find myself cursing Brenda’s name. Why?

Because she got me hooked on another Joss Whedon project- Firefly. Yes, I know it’s sacrilegious to call myself a Whedon fan and not have seen it. I really have no excuse. I just never got around to it. So, I spent all last weekend watching it, plus the movie Serenity.

FABULOUS.

I am pretty glad that I didn’t watch it when it came on though. From what I hear Fox pretty much F*ed it up by showing episodes out of order and moving it around and basically making an ass of themselves. They thought it was dead in the water.


Shows what Fox knows.

It came roaring back on DVD and people are STILL fascinated by the world he created. And, of course, so am I. I ordered the DVD’s on Netflix so I can watch them again more slowly, and with commentary. I hear it’s hilarious.

Next up- Dollhouse. I just saw the new trailer and it looks awesome. And of course, it stars Eliza Dushku, aka Faith from BTVS. I’m already in love with it.

Just don’t F it up Fox.

Geek On.

1 comment:

geek details said...

You have to watch the follow up movie Serenity. It's awesome! I cried at parts of it and was amazed that you don't find spoilers for it online really. Orson Scott Card was talking about the movie being shown to fans before it's release back in the day and although they all talked about how the movie made them feel, no one was posting spoilers.

It's an awesome world Joss created too bad Fox had to f it up and cancel a really good show.