Friday, October 31, 2008

It's Just a Jump to the Left

So, today I had a milestone. One that many of you will gasp in shock and horror when I reveal what it is.

I finally saw Rocky Horror Picture Show.

That’s right, I have never seen it. Even the movie. Ok, I think I started watching the movie when I was 10, and fell asleep. But I hope you don’t think less of me. Because even though I was but a young geek then, I just didn’t understand what I was watching.

Now I do.

And it was fabulous.

I saw the stage version here in Kansas City, and we have fabulous seats in the 2nd row. I was forced to keep quiet by my twin and not tell our companions (Beth, our half-sister, my Twin’s mylady, half-sister’s friend, and family of half-sister’s friend.) Perhaps I will create a flow chart so you can keep track of everyone.

But anyway, this show is pretty much the most insane thing ever. Transvestites, sex, aliens, and maid costumes. I am pretty sure everything and the kitchen sink was in this production.

And it was FABULOUS.

The woman who played Magenta made me laugh hysterically and pretty much fall in love with her.

Geek On

No comments: