Sunday, December 21, 2008

Aye!

So, I both love and hate Brenda. Why? You may ask? Well, I love her because we have such the same tastes that she always introduces me to good new shows. And I hate her for introducing me to these shows that then suck all my time. Her newest one? Los Hombres de Paco. From Spain. It's not even in English. Now, I did take 3 semesters of Spanish, but they were the same semester- repeated twice. So I don't think that counts. Beyond "Donde esta el bano," I am not much help.

But, my friend got me hooked on this show via youtube, by, of course- showing me the lesbian storyline they introduced this season. An luckily, the youtube version has them with english subtitles. But now that i have watched every scene with this storyline, i want to go back and watch the whole show. Damn you Brenda!

Los Hombres de Paco (Paco's Men, I think it's called) is about this guy, Paco, his family, and the police station where he works. God, i love European television. They may not show the violence that we do in the states, but they do swear and show a lot of sexuality. I'll take that over violence any day! Anyway, the lesbian storyline revolved around one of the main characters, Silvia, who is this gorgeous redhead that is the sister of Paco's wife (so sister-in-law) She is a Insepctor- which, from what i gather, means she does forensics and some actual police work. I am not sure how the Spainsh police force works. Silvia has been married, divoriced, and I believe miscarried all in four years. So, along comes Paco's sister Pepa, who is a police officer in Sevilla, and moves back home. Pepa and Silvia had shared an illicit kiss when they were 18 that tore the family up. So Pepa comes back, and it's about her and Silvia falling in love. *sigh* I hate you Brenda. And Love You. Thank You. Again.

Some things I now want because of this show:

1. A hot redhead named Silvia
2. A national dance that everyone knows when it is played in a bar.
3. To learn Spanish fluently
4. To move to Spain to be with a hot redhead named Silvia.
5. A friend named Rita.
6. To live in a country where being homophobic is unconstitutional (I about died when I heard a character say that to the homophobic dad of the hot Silvia)

Geek On.

No comments: