Monday, December 1, 2008

A trip back to my teenage years through bad sci fi tv shows

So, I have been addicted to Netflix's "Watch it Instantly" feature- mainly because I can now watch all that stuff through my xbox 360. What grand genius thought of that? I spent the weekend not only killing zombies, but watching tv shows that I remember from when I was younger. I started out watching Sliders (at least the first two seasons, after that it turned crap). Then I went on to watch SeaQuest DSV (also better the first two seasons). Then I found a gem of a show that I BARELY remember, mainly because i was only about 14 when it came out. It's called Earth 2.

And its fantastic.

It was one of the first sci-fi shows (at least a year before Star Trek Voyager) to have a female commander. It followed humans as they tried to resettle on a distant planet after having to flee Earth because it was so polluted. They crash land on the opposite side of the planet and have to travel to their original site. The show only lasted about one year, but I found myself addicted to the show again. It actually had a great cast, including Rebecca Gayheart, if you can believe it. I am sad the show only lasted one season, it was pretty good.

So after I glurged on that, I decided to find a good gay or lesbian film to watch. Wow, was that hard to find. There are plenty of gay and lesbian films that were produced independently, but I have to say, most of them were crap. The writing is bad, the acting is bad, or the production values are so bad that I laugh. It was a sad day in gaytown. But, I haven't gone through all the movies yet, so there is hope.

Geek On.

No comments: