Friday, September 11, 2009

The End Is Near.. But What A Way To Go!

Yes, my loyal friends/readers, the end is near.... for Guiding Light. I have spent the last 9 months of my life sucked into this fandom in a way I have never been sucked before. Ooo, I realize that line was WAY dirtier then I intended. Oh well, I'll keep it in.

Today the show was pre-empted by the US Open. Now, I hate tennis with the passion of a thousand suns, so I am currently wandering around my office mumbling "No Otalia? WTF?" I am sure my students think I am insane.

Brenda is giving me the best birthday gift ever- Beatles Rock Band! I CANNOT wait to sit down and play it. I LOVE the Beatles, and from what I have read the it is a pretty sweet game.

So this weekend will be low key. I'm going to play Xbox, then my staff is coming over on Sunday for pancakes and bacon. I know- a very exciting way to celebrate my birthday, but it will be fun nevertheless.

Geek On.

1 comment:

AE said...

BACON- food of champions!

Seriously though, I love tennis and I realise this happens every year, but a 72 year old show doesn't come around all the time ya know? Give it some respect. I'd say the same if it was Bold & the Beautiful ending too. These shows mean something to people, to families, to generations of fans- and it is very sad that networks cannot understand that concept.

Beatles FTW btw!