Monday, December 21, 2009

Sad Day

So, today was a sad day- I had to put my dog, Damon, to sleep. I found a lump on him about 2 weeks ago, and the vet said it was cancer- and that even with treatment he probably only had 3-6 months to live, and it would be mostly in pain. So I made the hardest decision I had to make in my 30 years on this earth.

I decided that euathanizing Damon was the most humane thing I could do.

It didn't hit me until I got back, and was eating lunch today. I broke off a piece of sandwhich and looked around for Damon, clicking my tounge in the way I do to call him.

I realized he wouldn't be answering my call again.

And I cried.

2 comments:

Betty (Beth) said...

I am so, so sorry Dany. I'm sorry I never got to meet him and find out how great of a pup he was.

We're thinking of you here in Missouri.

dizzabeth said...

The toughest way to show your deep love...

I feel for you, sweets.