Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Winter Break is Almost Here!

So many things have happened the past month, but none more so exciting then.....I have three new video games that I am addicted to. Let's look at them one by one.

1. Dragon Age: Origins. So I picked this one up after seeing some reviews online, and I love anything with "dragon" in it. I figured this would be a great game to pass some time in before Left 4 Dead 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 came out. Then I started playing....and 50 hours later I just can't stop playing. Talk about a game that sucks you in. I started out playing as a Female Human Nobel Warrior, and became so engrossed in the storyline I think I may have actually forgotten to eat a few times. As I was playing, I suddenly realized that one of my companions in the game was possibly hitting on me. One of my female companions. Suddenly, I loved this game EVEN MORE. That's right, you can have male or female lovers. And this works if you play as a male character too. Awesome. I found myself playing this game not only for that, but because EVERY decision you make has a consequence. I found myself pausing the game and thinking about my next move and what could possibly happen. And even after I made a decision, I would start thinking about replaying the game and making the OTHER decision. This is what makes this game so damn re-playable, and I can't wait pick it up again in a few months.

2. Assassin's Creed 2. I am not quite done with this game, but I love what I have been playing so far. The developers clearly took the complaints from the last game and fixed what needed to be fixed. The missions are more open, they added a health and money system, and the character is way more likable then Altair in the first one. Oh yeah, and Kristen Bell voices one of the characters. My only complaint are sometimes the controls are a bit finicky, to the point where I start swearing and wanting to throw my control at my tv, and scare my dog.

3. Left 4 Dead 2. I know Kendra, Han, Hayley and I were waiting for this game to come out, and I don't think it disappointed. Yes, it is the same basic play as the first one, and my beloved Francis is not in this game, but overall I find it enjoyable. The melee system take the game to to a different level, and the different ways of doing the finales give it just enough change to make it fun. I really enjoy that you and three friends can form a team and play a random versus game with another random team. That keeps you from having to find 8 people to play with. Kendra, Han, Hayley and I are trying that out tonight to see how it works. Hopefully we won't have our asses handed to us.

The next game I might get is Batman: Arkham's Asylum. I need something to play over winter break, and that looks like it might be the game I buy myself for Christmas. Or Hanukkah, or Winter Solstice. Or just because.

Geek On.

No comments: