Monday, February 2, 2009

Mid Year Shows and X-Box Live

Today is a two-for-one post. The first part is about TV, and second part is about video games.

TV Show Portion:

Usually September is when all the good shows start on TV. Not true anymore. Besides the wonderful new summer offerings that have become the norm- now winter is starting to get into the groove.

Case in point- new shows that started last week, this week, and next week. Let’s have a fanaticalgeek rundown, shall we?

1. Lie to Me- I have only seen one episode, but it’s pretty good. It’s about interrogation and being able to tell if someone is lying. Hopefully it will keep doing well.

2. Medium- I LOVE this show. I just wonder why it’s only starting in January, because I know it gets good ratings and whatnot. Patricia Arquette is awesome, and for an older woman she is a hottie.

3. Dollhouse- I have talked about this before. I bow down before the greatness that is Joss Whedon, so I already love it.

Video Game Portion:

Now, I might be admittedly new to Xbox live, but I am pretty sure human decency shouldn’t have gone out window when you put on that headset. Here are the two examples I have had in the past 2 weeks:

A. While playing “Uno” I was both sexually harassed and harassed for being gay. Yes, I do mean the card game of numbers and colors. First I was harassed for being a girl- and asked if I was “hot” and would “do” guys I talked with on live. Then they found out I was gay (you think my gamertag ButchDany would be a clue) then they started saying things that, even with freedom of speech, I choose not to put on my blog. Needless to say, it was graphic and disturbing.

B. While playing “Left 4 Dead” with random dudes I was also sexually harassed.

Check out Lesbian Gamers for an article I wrote that got published:

My Article

2.


Geek On.

No comments: