Friday, February 20, 2009

Vacation, Part 2

So it looks like Brenda and I are pretty even. She won at buying pizza for dinner on Saturday, then on Monday we split the bill at San Chez, the nice tapas restaurant we went to.

It was a good vacation. We managed to watch three seasons of Bad Girls in about 5 days. I am pretty impressed with myself. My staff also came over for dinner and to play Rock Band 2. I have some pretty hilarious video of it, including backup dancers, if anyone wants to see it.

I was asked what I think about Dollhouse, and now that I have a week to process, I think I can write about it. Here are some thoughts about it.

1. First off, I enjoyed it. It was a good first episode, and it it set up both the plot and some mysteries for episodes to come.
2. I liked that Eliza Dushku's character Echo wasn't a kick ass- beat-em-up chick right away. Instead, she played someone with genuine emotion and foibles.
3. I miss the characteristic Joss Whedon humor, but I don't know if this show is appropriate for it.
4. What's up with the scars on Amy Acker's character's face? I'm intrigued!
5. The ending was also fabulous and makes me watch this weeks- that's how I know it's a good show.

Geek On.

2 comments:

Zana said...

now that week 2 is over, what did you think? I liked #2 of Dollhouse as well. I haven't had too much time to really process it, but I liked some of the tidbits they reveled, while still leaving mysteries. And I like what is going on with the Sarah Connor Chronicles..... And to have both of them on one night, makes me happy :)

Dany said...

I agree- I really enjoyed the second episode- the line "Three brothers, and none of them Democrats" cracked me up. And as for Terminator, I die a little geek death every Friday, with Terminator, Dollhouse, and Battlestar Galactica on... :)