Friday, October 24, 2008

All My Bad Storylines

I wasn’t expecting to write another entry so soon, but I was compelled after watching yesterday and today’s All My Children when I got home from work, and caused a little geek out. Now, I’ll be honest, I am only a casual watcher of AMC, and usually only when Bianca is on. And yes, I did start watching it back in 2000 because I heard she was coming back as a lesbian. Somewhere along the way I found myself really liking the character. So, now I usually only watch it when Eden Riegel reprises her role. And, she has come back for an extended stay. So, I tuned in to watch.

And remembered how INSANE soap operas are.

A short recap: I tuned in as a huge ass tornado hit Pine Valley, basically putting EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER in mortal danger. Bianca showed up into town about 10 minutes before it hit. And she was pregnant. 8 months pregnant, and she didn’t tell anyone. Seriously? NO ONE? Then she gave birth with the father of her child (who happens to be her brother-in-law) in the middle of the beach house which was completely destroyed. Then she went to the hospital just as ANOTHER tornado hit. Where is Pine Valley? Kansas?

So, why am I geeking out? For a few reasons. First of all, I have never laughed so hard in my life then when Zach held up the unnamed baby like she was Simba in the Lion King. The background was so obviously fake and I couldn’t stop laughing for a good 10 minutes.

Second, Binks (as she is called) started talking non-stop about her “partner” (and I almost keeled over when I heard them actually use that term) named Reese. We haven’t actually met her yet, but apparently she is the love of Bianca’s life. The way that Bianca has been talking, I now expect Reese to come to town in a carriage that is pulled by 12 pure white swans. She will descend from the carriage with birds singing around her and possibly a cute animal sidekick who talks.

Third, I have yet to hear Erica Kane call any of Bianca or Kendell's children her “grandchild”… and I will fall off the couch if I ever do. No one calls La Kane “grandma”

Good thing I Tivo it so I can ff through the parts I don’t care about. Which is pretty much everything else.

Geek On.

1 comment:

Betty (Beth) said...

That was hilarious. I remember when the tornado hit in the 90's and I can't believe they are pulling that storyline out again. I really wish I could have seen the Simba baby. Soap Opera at its best, I'd say.

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!! :-)
-Beth